Discovery Space: A feasibility study of the business case of the on-line use of a science thematic park for educational purposes (FP6, e-Ten – 2004-1 – 517339)
The D-Space project’s main objectives are:
- The demonstration and piloting of the D-Space service to the target users in real environments (e.g. schools, universities, science museums and parks, research centers)
- To perform an extended validation study of the D-Space service. The validation work is a) to adapt a tried and tested methodology to validate the D-Space service and b) to implement the validation procedure in situ in a pan-European setting. The contribution of the validation phase to the market validation of the D-Space service is to perform a final usability evaluation, in the context of the scenarios, as far as the final users as concerned. The extended validation of the service concentrating on user acceptance and interoperability, crucial for market deployment, will be a major input for the final business plan.
- The development of a detailed business plan, which will provide a technical and commercial overview of the value of the chain of the services. In this framework a clear and sound feasibility study of the business case will be achieved.
- The development of the marketing strategy and of the associated short and medium term action plan for the full deployment of the services provided.
The D-Space service addresses:
- Educational Institutions, e.g. primary and secondary education schools, Universities
- Research Institutes (giving unique opportunities to researchers and astronomers across the world)
- Scientific museums, Science centers and Science Parks (offering unique experience to the visitors)
- The wider public
For more information, please visit D-Space project homepage: www.discoveryspace.net