|Field:||Security and Privacy in Information Systems|
|Office hours:||Thursday: 11:00 - 13:00|
Size: 848.36 KB :: Type: PDF document
Aggeliki Tsohou holds a Diploma in Informatics from the Department of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece (1998) and a M.Sc. in Information Systems from the Department of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece (2004). She also holds a Ph.D. in Information Systems Security Management completed under the supervision of Prof. S. Kokolakis, at the Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineering, University of the Aegean, Greece (2010). She has worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Jyväskylä, Department of Computer Science and Information Systems, Finland and Senior Research Fellow in Brunel Business School, UK. She is a co-author of more than fifty research publications in international scientific journals and conferences in her interest field, including Journal of Information Technology, Journal for the Association of Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, IT & People, ECIS and MCIS. She is an Editorial Board Member for four peer-reviewed international scientific research Journals. She has served on the Program Committee of thirty international conferences and as a Reviewer in more than fifty international scientific journals and conferences in the information systems and information security field. She has been involved in the FP7 European Projects OASIS, CEES and UbiPOL. She serves as the scientific coordinator for Ionian University for the European projects DEFeND (Horizon 2020) and OCTANE (Interreg). She is working as a consultant to ENISA providing expertise in information security awareness for the preparation of the European Cyber Security Month.
- Risk perceptions and user security and privacy awareness
- Information security risk assessment and management
- Information systems security policies and user compliance
- Privacy enhancing tools
- Privacy policies for information systems and online services
- Data protection impact assessment
- Information security and privacy standards
- Theory development and research methods in information systems
- Tsohou, A., Siponen, M. and Newman, M. (2019), How Does IT-Based Service Degradation Influence Consumers’ Use of Services? An IT-Based Service Degradation Decision Theory, Journal of Information Technology, ISI impact factor for 2017: 4.435
- Lavranou, E. and Tsohou, A. (2019), Developing and Validating a Common Body of Knowledge for Information Privacy, Information & Computer Security, Accepted.
- Siponen, M. and Tsohou, A. (2018), Demystifying the influential IS legends of “positivism”, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 19, No, 7, pp. 600-617 ISI impact factor for 2017: 2.839
- Tsohou, A. and Holtkamp, P. (2018), Are users competent to comply with information security policies? An analysis of professional competence models, Information Technology & People, Vol. 31 Issue: 5, pp.1047-1068, https://doi.org/10.1108/ITP-02-2017-0052, Emerald, ISI impact factor for 2017: 2.138
- Aggeliki Tsohou, Maria Karyda, Spyros Kokolakis. Analyzing the role of cognitive and cultural biases in the internalization of information security policies: Recommendations for information security awareness programs. Computers & Security 52: 128-141 (2015).